Who We Are?
The Florida Venture Forum, established in 1984, is the leading entrepreneurial and private company investor networking group in Florida, providing Florida-based companies (and their owners and managers) with unique strategic education and guidance and opportunities to interact with and present to active funds and other equity investors as well as other members of the entrepreneurial and emerging company ecosystem. To date, Florida-based companies presenting at Forum conferences have raised almost $3 Billion of venture capital investment. Founded in 1984, the Florida Venture Forum is a non-profit member organization dedicated to providing educational and networking opportunities for Florida-based entrepreneurs and private companies committed to substantial growth, so that they can successfully achieve their plans and attract and connect with private investment capital sources. The Forum’s board and membership includes prominent and active venture capital funds, Florida’s two largest angel funds, family offices, strategic corporate investors, and a number of substantial law, accounting and investment banking firms active in Florida’s private equity investment ecosystem.
The Forum conducts four annual statewide conferences and events, as well as bi-monthly regional and local programs throughout the year:
- Florida Venture Capital Conference™ (2017 will be the Forum’s 26th annual conference)
- Florida Early Stage Capital Conference™
- Statewide Collegiate Business Plan Competition™
- Statewide “Capital Bootcamp” Series
Some highlights of the Forum’s work include:
- The Annual Florida Venture Capital Conference™ is Florida’s most prominent, “Go To”, capital investment-centric event and gathering each year, with attendance averaging over 500 annually, 20-25 Florida-based presenting companies selected by a panel of venture capitalists; approximately [25%] of attendees are investors representing venture capital funds from across the U.S.
- Over the years, more than 600 companies presenting at our conferences have raised almost [$3 Billion] in equity funding
- Eighth annual Florida Early Stage Conference™ to date, featuring over 100 early stage Florida companies attracting angel, family office and other seed and early stage investors from across the U.S.
- Sixth Annual Statewide Business Plan Competition™ to date, where winners of college and university-based competitions compete against one another before an audience of active angel and other investors and venture capitalists
About the Florida Venture Forum
The Florida Venture Forum is Florida’s largest and most prestigious statewide support organization for venture capitalists and entrepreneurs, helping emerging growth companies come together with sources of capital from across the country. The organization provides programs statewide throughout the year in addition to hosting the Florida Venture Capital Conference™, the Statewide Collegiate Business Plan Competition™ and the Florida Early Stage Capital Conference™. For more information, visit www.flventure.org or send an e-mail to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Connecting Florida Entrepreneurs and Capital Sources to Foster a Thriving Innovation Economy.